Thursday, July 26, 2012

What I've Been Eating Lately



Lucinato Kale

Sauteed kale with garlic and an egg on top. My dd loves sauteed kale and garlic but me so so, but add the egg and it's a different dish. I should have taken out the large part of the stem because they didn't get cooked enough.

Kale is a cancer fighter and helps lower cholesterol, also helps to prevent cataracts. It also helps prevent atherosclerosis and inflammation. This information came from WHF. They have a recipe for the kale and poached egg, but I didn't use it. It's low fat, mine isn't. I Sauteed the kale and garlic in olive oil and fried the egg in more olive oil. I'm not afraid of fat and olive oil is very healthy for you, but keep the heat med. too hot and the olive oil becomes unhealthy. Hope this isn't TMI. I'm so enthusiastic I have a hard time editing myself.



Cauliflower Mash with Sauteed Red Cabbage and Red Onion with Balsamic.



Cauliflower Mash with Garlic, Steamed Brussels Sprouts, Red Cabbage Slaw.

Linda




1 comment:

Lady Linda said...

Wow Linda you did it again. OH yummmmy. I have to start trying these things.
It was so fun to see you. I was hoping see you too. You are on my "have to see" list. Just love you all.
Hugs...Linda