Saturday, September 15, 2012

Windowsill Herbs for the Winter


A few years ago I tried growing several herbs indoors in my kitchen for the winter. It was kind of messy but I did enjoy having them. I saw these cute pots at Trader Joe's and decided to give it a try again. One has rosemary, thyme and oregano and the other is mint, stevia and I think another thyme, not sure.



I wanted the mint for tea and I've never tried fresh stevia before. I use liquid stevia in my tea and whenever I want to sweeten something. It's very sweet, my dd thought it had a bitter aftertaste, but I didn't notice it.


I'm noticing more and more that the taste of fresh herbs is so much better than the dried. I've gotten to the point that I rarely ever use dried herbs in my cooking. I have a few favorites, but definitely prefer the fresh.

Here's another fun idea, growing microgreens in tea tins. I pinned it yesterday, because I want to try this.

Linda

No comments: