Sunday, December 23, 2012

Abide in Him

I'm back to scriptures to meditate on. The advent series I was doing is over. So I thought it would be good to look forward to His coming again and how we should live.

"And now little children, abide in Him that when He appears, we may have confidence and not be ashamed before Him at His coming." 1John2:28

I always loved that word abide. We can live in Him, but I'd like to do a study on what exactly this means, how you do it. I think it means you have to spend time with Him in thought and prayer to start. So I'm going to be meditating on this, this week as we celebrate His birth.

Linda

2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

I love your thoughts today . . . we do need to think about His second coming - as much as His first. Christmas day will be over soon, all will be quiet, and I will be contemplating goals for yet another year. One of them will be to be better prepared for the second coming of the Lord - prayer and meditation are the perfect place to start!

Merry Christmas sweet friend!

Hugs,
Barb

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Abiding in Him always. Yes, oh yes.

Love and hugs to you Linda ~ FlowerLady