Monday, December 31, 2012

My New Year


This is my den/guest room. I moved things around again. My desk is going to be my new quiet time space.
I've manage to squeeze a bed in this room but it is very cozy. I also keep reference books and binder in this room. The walk in closet is where I keep my office supplies and extra pantry items and now some of my Christmas decorations.


 This year I moved my laptop off of my desk. It's not ideal, but I'm using what I have. I like having my desk free for other things. I don't take my laptop all over the house. I like to have it in one spot along with the printer. I always use January to set up my files and booking for the new year.

I've taken down most of my decorations. I still have to do the tree today. I'm in a moving furniture mood, so I'm going to do some experimenting. I love to move things around, it makes it feel like a new room.

I've been thinking about goals for the new year, but really I'm still working on the same ones, lose weight, declutter, do a quiet time, get more exercise. For the last few years I haven't started the year with any great motivation to do something new.

Amanda on Always Amanda addresses it as a new chapter in her continuing journey. I like that and that is how I feel.

I don't do much for new years. I might stay up and watch the fireworks on tv and I might just go to bed with my book. lol. But Happy New Year to you all.

Linda

1 comment:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I like the idea of a new chapter in a continuing journey.

Fireworks are already starting here. They usually go on until 1-2 in the morning. Miss Tork will go hide under the bed.

Tonight I will reflect and be thankful for the 43 years DH and I had as husband and wife. I look forward to 2013 and the new things I will learn. For faith that will grow stronger because of the myriad blessings from God who will give me strength, peace and He will supply all my needs.

I'm already feeling ready to get horizontal with a book myself.

Love and hugs to you Linda. Enjoy your rearranged spaces.

FlowerLady Lorraine