Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Tea Cabinet




I took all the gardening books out of my pine cabinet and put my tea stuff in instead.


I like to think out of the box with furniture arrangements and I got the idea to move this cabinet so that it faces my kitchen and becomes an extension of it, the back butts up to my dining room table. It's a little weird but it make the dining room feel very cozy.




I put a lot of stuff on top to make it look a little taller and create more of a wall.


This is the other side



Today I'm working on a picture wall in this same room where this cabinet use to be. I'm not sure if I'll keep this as is, I have to live with it a while. Also in the summer I may want a more open look.

Linda

7 comments:

Marilyn Miller said...

I like your tea cabinet, very lovely.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I love it! I really think it's a great idea and a cozy dinning room during winter is a lovely idea! I love how you added some art to the back like a wall and all those lovely tea things on the other side.Beautiful!

Happy New Year!

Jill McDowell said...

Linda,
Love this! What a creative idea!
Love,
Jill

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love what you did with this cabinet, tea service ready, and artwork on the backside facing the dining area. I would do something like that myself, and have in the past.

Love and hugs to you Linda,
FlowerLady Lorraine

Heidi Kuijer said...

I love this Linda! It does give a great cozy feeling but also a wonderful place to make seasonal. The picture on the back of the cupboard is genius. And I love how you see the things on top perfectly from both sides. You will have fun playing with that throughout the year.

Wishing you a new year filled with joy and creativity!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Lady Linda said...

Such a nice job! I LOVE it Linda. Very nice!
Love ya,
Linda

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

I love this idea! Could you please come to my house for just a day and help me?! You have such a gift when it comes to making things beautiful!!

Hugs,
Barb