Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Old and New Christmas Stories


Here are a couple more books I'm reading.

 I love the Miss. Read books and she has several Christmas stories. She has two story lines going one is at Fairacre and one at Thrush Green. I love both. It's fun to read about their old fashioned Christmas celebrations, very much centered around the church and village life.

Debbie Macomber's books are more romance type books, but I love the ones set in Seattle on Blossom Street (not a real street as far as I know)  being I live in the area. "Christmas Letters", is about a woman who writes Christmas letters for other people. They want her to make their lives sound better then they are. This, of course is a modern story with all the problems of modern day life and holidays.

Hope you have time to read, there are so many good stories.

Linda

3 comments:

Jane said...

I love the Miss Read books. I also like the Mitford series. Great characters in both.

Unknown said...

Yes, I love Mitford too.

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

I really like Debbie Macomber, her books are always fun to read.

Your tree is just gorgeous! I especially love the homemade ornaments... :0)

Hugs,
Barb