Thursday, January 17, 2013

Baking- Chocolate Chip Cookies with Almond Flour


I've started to do some baking with the almond flour again. These chocolate chip cookies really tasted like regular ones except maybe a bit softer. They are from Against All Grain. She has some great recipes. They do have honey in them and coconut sugar. She uses palm sugar. The other substitute I made was using butter and I used regular dark chocolate chunks and added some chopped walnuts. These are good, but I have to make sure I don't have more than a couple. They are hard to resist, that's the problem. I'm trying to learn moderation.

I've cut out all grains and starches and I'm working on more veggies. I'm not weighing myself. I'll see my doctor in 2 months.

Linda

2 comments:

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

Hi Linda,
How do your 'numbers' do with the honey and other sweetener? Does it spike?

I made a 3 minute chocolate cake with almond flour this week.

Hope you are well!

Unknown said...

I haven't tested, but I know that coconut sugar isn't too bad and it's only 2 tabs. of honey. I think if I'm only having one or two cookies I'd be ok. It of course depends on what else I'm eating. Probably better for a snack then dessert at the end of a meal. I see it as a once in a while treat not a regular one.