Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Low Carb Banana Muffin with Chocolate Chips


Here is another great recipe from Against All Grain.

This recipe is probably not as low carb because of the banana.

If you try this read the recipe before you start. It has a lot of steps, but they are delicious. I didn't have pecans so I used walnuts. I used about 1/2 the honey, but otherwise I followed the recipe. I did cook them a little longer. It's hard to tell with these flours when they are done and with all that banana I was afraid they would be soggy, but they turn out great. They have mostly coconut flour with a little almond flour.

I think you could use applesauce instead of the banana. I'd like to try substituting another fruit and see what happens.

Linda

2 comments:

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

These look wonderful. How did your blood sugar numbers do with the banana and the honey? What kind of diet are you on now?

Unknown said...

I haven't been testing. I'm waiting to see how I do when I see my doctor. I'm just trying to get back to a very low carb diet and have been focusing on no starch and more veggies. I know I need to do more but one step at a time. I wanted to learn to replace the starches so I've been doing a lot more baking than I normally would. I'm still not eating much meat, but trying to add a little here and there. The lack of meat is just because it doesn't appeal to me, so I'm trying to figure out what I want to do about that.