Monday, February 4, 2013

Sugar Free Blueberry Preserves





I used this recipe by Against All Grain for her pectin free jam. I just left out the honey and used stevia. I put in a good squirt and then after it was done and cooled wanted it a little sweeter so I added a bit more. That is one good thing about stevia is that you can add more later. You don't want to put too much in to begin with because  it can start to taste bitter.




This recipe used lemon and I would like to try it again with orange or lime just for variety.

So I decided to make this because I don't want to feel I can't have any sweets and you can't really buy things with stevia. I can put this on pancakes or toast or yogurt. Later on I want to try some of the recipes I've already made with stevia.

Linda

No comments: