Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Hand Sewing


It's been raining here and cold but I've been snug in front of the tv hand sewing. I've been hemming and adding trims to my curtains. The only thing I did on the sewing machine was to add the band at the bottom. I love sitting and hand sewing and I don't like to sew on the machine. My back always starts hurting when I'm bend over the machine. So I put on a dvd and I can sew for hours. I keep adding things to these curtains because you can't really see the print across the room and they just look so plain. So I learned a lesson stand back when you are picking out fabric. I still have to line these so I'll be working on them for a while.

Do you like to hand sew. I know one of my granddaughters loves to hand sew and the other one like to use the machine.

Linda



3 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I also would rather hand sew than use a machine, which tenses me up. Your curtains look 'homey' and comforting to me.

Have a lovey day Linda.

FlowerLady

Lady Linda said...

Well, I like to do both! I really find hand sewing relaxing.
I have a binding to get on a quilt, so will be doing a lot of hand sewing.
It's chilly here this morning but the rain is supposed to be gone for a week!
Love,
Linda

Lady Linda said...

I keep trying to leave a comment! UGH, I get so irritated with our computers sometimes...
Yes, I love to do hand sewing. Have a quilt to bind, so will have a lot to do.
Linda