Sunday, February 24, 2013

Worry and Fear

Worrying doesn't change anything but trusting in God changes everything.

"Perfect love expels all fear."
1 John 4:18

"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous, do not be terrified, do not be discouraged: For the Lord your God will be with you wherever you may go."
Joshua 1:9

I'm putting these up because I feel like I keep trying to push down worry and anxiety that are just below the surface.

 The Pastor shared last week about a lady who became a worrier at a very young age and developed several health problems culminating in a mass in her abdomen. She started to study the Bible about worry, fear and anxiety and to build up her faith and she started to get well, her mass dissolved and her other health problems have been healing.

 When I heard this, I thought about how many things that are out there to worry about, and if we don't give these things over to God and trust Him with them we could be endangering our health and as the statement above says worry doesn't help anyway.

 Things to worry about are always going to be there but if we have faith in God's love for us and trust Him we can have peace. I need to just keep putting my concerns into His hands and know that He is able to meet all my needs.

 I think it may be not spending enough time in the Word and prayer that is causing the anxiety to come to the surface. I don't want to push it down, but I want to trust God with it and that takes filling my mind and spirit with His Word and believing in that Word.

Linda

1 comment:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Oh Linda ~ this is exactly what I needed this afternoon. Things were starting to stress me out and that's not good, especially now. I need to rest in Jesus tender loving care. Reading my Bible and other spiritual writings helps me a lot, and your post helped too.

Thank you and I hope you have a great week.

FlowerLady