Friday, June 12, 2009

Life is Beautiful




I added a new blog to my side bar that I wanted to tell you about. Many of you may already be aware of Holy Experience . I became interested because she was doing a series on Spiritual Journaling and journaling is one of my passions. I'm finding out that she is a wonderful writer. Her posts really make me think and feel. She wrote one today about life being art and how can her messy life be called art.


It started me thinking of an event in my life many years ago. I was at a woman's retreat laying against the trunk of a large oak tree (I think). Whatever kind of tree it was when I looked up it was a canopy of twisted branches going in every direction. I was feeling a lot of emotion and praying about my feelings. God spoke to me and said my life was like the twisted branches of this tree and that I may feel it is a mess but that he sees it as beautiful. I didn't know it then but He was about to free me of a burden I had been carrying for a long time. It was going to take some time for the process to be completed. It was the beginning of a painful journey, but freeing and I kept those words in my heart. It made me see that life is beautiful even in those times of trouble and even when you think it looks messy. I don't pretend to understand all that God meant, but I think it has to do with out limited perspective and His eternal one.


Thanks to Holy Experience for reminding me of that experience.


Linda





image AllPosters

2 comments:

Becky said...

I generally have an optimistic spirit.There are times that I allow satan to mess with my mind,and take away my joy. When I focus on what is around me,and realize that God is in it all,that brings me comfort. I'm in a bible study by Andy Stanly.One of our tasks for the next week is to just spend some alone time with God. That's what you experienced,by spending some alone time, God spoke to you. I know that He speaks to me,when I'm ready to listen,and focused on Him. I dont do it enough! Have a good week!

Sharon Goemaere said...

I LOVE Ann's blog.She is indeed a wonderful writer and beautiful believer...Blessings~Sharon