Wednesday, June 3, 2009



My granddaughter Auberne introduced me to a wonderful blog called Old-Fashioned Charm What I wanted to share about it is that on her side bar she has a fantastic list of classic films from Jane Austin to Anne of Green Gables. I'm using this list to order from my library and Netflix. I love the classics. Her blog is also fun because she is a lover of Jane Austin. Thankyou Auberne. My granddaughter is a Jane Austin lover and has renewed my interest. We debate about which version is the best and which actors we like. Have you seen Lost in Austin a new movie about an Austin fan that finds herself in the world of Pride and Prejudice. It's a little saucy in places, but a fun movie. Some dyed in the wool fans will not like the changes they made so be warned. It's not for young kids.

9 comments:

Junie Moon said...

I love all things Jane Austen and am glad to see another person who feels the same way.

I popped over here from Storybook Woods as she said you created a new blog about frugal living. This sounds just the sort of thing I need to learn and do, so I do indeed appreciate what you're doing. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I never heard of that movie. It sounds a lot like a book I read last year called Finding Mr. Darcy.

Ladywillowgrey Ancalimon said...

Thanks grandma! I DO love Jane Austen! lol (And a died in the wool fan!)

Auberne` Ancalimon @-`---

Becky said...

We just watched Lost in Austin! I was getting stressed seeing that Jane married mrCollins! And that Elizabeth wasnt returning home to fall in love with mrDarcy! I loved the Pride/Prejudice with Kiera Knightley. I could watch it over and over. Have you watched "Becoming Jane" with .....her name has left me,but its great! Also Mrs.Potter is a good video about Beatrix Potter-on netflix! I'll have to check out the blog.Thank you Auberne!

oma aka meme said...

I found you here and already had a lot of enjoyment reading your new blog- hugs from Meme

oma aka meme said...

I have read the books but have not seen any of the movies- I will have to keep an eye out as I know that some of them have been on television. hugs from Meme

Unknown said...

Becky, Yes I love Kiera Knightley's version of P&P and love Mrs. Potter also Becoming Jane. Love them all. Miss Austin Regrets not as much.

Unknown said...

I looked up died in the wool and found out it is actually dyed in the wool. lol Linda

La Tea Dah said...

Linda, I am so glad to meet you! I've met your daughter and granddaughters and they are lovely women! As their mom and grandma, I know you are as well! I look forward to being a regular blog reader here.

LaTeaDah