Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Main Dish Salads






Last night I had a spinach salad and added avocado and shrimp. I made a dressing with my homemade yogurt and mayo, a little vinegar and dill. I was thinking I should make more main dish salads during summer.





My favorite ones are Taco Salad and Nicoise but I wanted to come up with some different ones. I was thinking about how I love cold poached salmon with cucumber sauce. So why couldn't I just add the salmon to a salad with cucumbers and a creamy dressing or make the cucumber sauce into a dressing.





I also like chicken in salads one I made once that turned out well was a spinach salad with bacon, avocado, scallions, hard boiled egg, thin sliced fresh mushrooms and grilled chicken breast. I used a vinaigrette with a little sweetness to it. I also like curry chicken and Cobb Salad.





I could make one without meat and use just beans or cheese as my protein. I love to use Feta or Goat Cheese in salads.





Ham would be a good addition to a salad, maybe a Waldorf salad with ham added or a slaw with apple and ham.





Another thing I've been looking at is chopped salads. I want to try some of those. I found a recipe for Chopped Asian Shrimp Salad that sounded interesting, not the same old thing.





I made an Italian Salad Dressing mix for my pantry thanks to Heavenly Homemaker. She also has one for Ranch.






Linda




image-allposters.com
Post a Comment