Saturday, July 11, 2009

Update on Healthy Habits






I wanted to do an update on my healthy habits.

I'm still walking. I'm up to 35 mins. now.


I'm drinking 4 glasses of water now.


  • I'm still making and eating my yogurt for breakfast and this morning I decided to start adding flax seed to it.


  • I'm back to doing salads, I didn't eat them for several days.


  • I'm not doing as well on veggies. But this morning I'm cooking some baby green beans to put in my salad tonight.


  • I think I've been eating too much fruit because I've gained weight, so I'm cutting back to just a 1/4 c. in my yogurt.


  • Haven't done the raw foods yet, except the salad of course


  • I'm struggling a bit with the low carb. I'm not eating starch, but nibble on trail mix which is really to sugary. On a low carb diet you have to eat more fat or you will be starving all the time and that is kind of hard to do, so I'm working on it.


  • I haven't been keeping my bedtime of 11 because I get on here late. I have to work on that.


  • I do see that on the days I don't drink tea or coffee I drink more water, so I try to keep it to 1 or less, doing pretty good.


  • Get more sunshine and fresh air, except for my walk I haven't done anything about this one.


  • Strength training- haven't started this yet, but plan to this fall.


  • Greens-I tried them and didn't like them that well. It is an acquired taste. I do like spinach and have that in salads. It may be easier to incorporate greens in the fall and winter.


So I started another blog Fit For Him to track my healthy habits. It is helping.



My diabetes is liking the walking but when I come home I'm tired and it has thrown off my schedule so I'm working on getting that back on tract and tweeking it. I'll write about that next time.



Linda

Image-allposters.com

4 comments:

Sharon Goemaere said...

Good for you!Fantastic job Linda!Blessings~Sharon

Anonymous said...

Linda, You're inspiring me to do better!

Jane

Becky said...

Staying focus and having goals is the key,sounds like your doing both! Our friend Ponder_ing has lost weight,didnt know if you'd been by lately.

Unknown said...

Becky, yes she's doing a great job. Linda