Friday, September 18, 2009

Fall Decorating More Found Materials









I found these berries on the Mountain Ash street trees in our area. I clipped off a few. I'm thinking they look more like Christmas than fall, but they go with my plate. I seem to be going with a redish color theme.




I like to bring natural things into my home. The pods we collected several years ago. They fell off of some kind of tree. I have pressed and waxed leaves on my mantle and some acorns. I use seashells and drift wood sometimes in the summer and the dried flowers from my garden. I like a natural look mixed with china and books. I think next month I'll try and bring in a little more orange and yellow. More fall decorating on my other blog Around the House
The owl is made by my dd. Did you notice it's the Tasha owl. Her and a friend figured out how to do it.


Linda



3 comments:

Paula said...

Dear Miss Linda,

I love all of the gorgeous photographs on your blog and your new blogs, too! Your home is very beautiful, so cozy and inviting!!!! You have a flair for decorating and an eye for vignettes. Thank you for sharing your lovely home, recipes and your faith in the Lord Jesus. You are an inspiration and encouragement to me.

I love your fall decorating!

Love, Paula

P.S. Thank you for your sweet comments and for visiting me!!!

Anonymous said...

That plate and the berries look perfect together. Thanks for asking your daughter about the acorn. Went to there sight and was bowled over with all the lovely projects. Not enough time in the day!

Jane

Troy said...

I told my wife I wanted to decorate our homw naturally, but she thought I said Au Naturale, and put a stop to that plan.

Seriously, I am always amazed when someone manages to take the beauty of nature and bring it indoors. I always find that the things look great outside, but when I try to bring them in, they lose something.

I guess God is just a better artist than I am.