Sunday, September 20, 2009

Tea in the Library with the Classics



This is my autumn tea pot. I love Harney & Sons, Cranberry Autumn Tea. We have a knit and tea shop that orders it at this time of year.

This is my library/office. I actually have books in almost every room, but a whole wall in this room. I wanted to share that I just finished watching "Little Dorrit" on dvd. It is based on the Dickens book. At first it seemed kind of depressing, but I got into it and ended up liking it. I really like Matthew Macfadyen, he was also in Pride and Prejudice as Mr. Darcy. So now I'm thinking I should read the book. I have a few Dickens books, but have never been able to get into them, but find it a lot easier after I've seen the movie. It's suppose to be a hard read, so I don't know if I'll be able to get into it, but I want to try. As you can see by picture I also have "Bleak House" which I can also get from Netflix and watch first. I would like to read a few of these this fall and winter. Right now I have several books I'm in the middle of, but I will just read a few pages each day until It grabs me and if it never does, well I tried.



Linda


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Harney and Sons tea! Have you ever tried their Christmas tea? It's so good when it's cold out. Smells wonderful too. It's been years since I've read Dickens or Jane Austen. For some reason she, along with the Bronte sisters were very popular reads when I was a Freshman in High School. I have such poor concentration skills lately, don't know if I could get through them now! Guess my mind is turning to mush in my old age!

Jane

Unknown said...

Yes, I always get their Christmas tea.The same shop gets it right after Thankgiving. Linda

Crescent said...

Hi Linda! Just had some free time tonight so I thought I'd pop by and check out your blog. Thanks for connecting up with me on Facebook. I don't think I'm up to reading Dickens right now but am enjoying a simple murder mystery by Anne Durheim (I believe that's the author's name). Keep up the good work on blogging. Mary T.

Paula said...

Dear Linda,

I love Charles Dickens! Little Dorrit is one of my favorite movies! I have read Oliver Twist, David Copperfield, and recently finished Great Expectations. His books are are a bit hard to get into, but once I start reading I can hardly put them down. I would love to read Little Dorrit and Bleak House too, that was a good movie as well.

I also want to read the Pickwick Papers, as I recall the gentleman in Cranford daring one of the sisters to read it, and that it would make her roar! I read that his earlier books are much lighter than the later ones.

I love the photo of your library... gorgeous!!!

Love, Paula

Terry said...

dear linda... i just came from memes and i saw your sweet comment on there.
and it just makes me wonder why all these sad things are happening to meme.
i, myself don't go through such hurts.
i am thinking that the lord has so much confidence in meme and he knows that she can be trusted with such burdens.
i wish that you lived nearer to her and that you and she could have hot tea together, served from this exquisite tea pot and in these fine china cups...that would be so nice
god bless you..i have scanned your blog sites and they are so comforting...i find myself in tears that meme has lost her two friends...dogman and the little bird.....terry