Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Tasha Tudor Lifestyle Pt 2 Idle Hands



I'm having fun with this so I decided to make a series out of it. Tasha's hands were never idle. She was busy all the time.


I have 2 bad habits. When I want to take a break I jump on the computer and the 15 min. break ends up being an hour. The other one is when I sit down to watch a dvd or tv I want to have something to munch on.


So I thought it was time to keep those hands busy and I decided to create a work basket. It keeps your knitting, crochet or handwork at hand and also any mending that needs to be done.


With my budget constraints now I'm not buying clothes very often and I think I'm going to need to know how to mend and repair things. So there is a lot I could be doing with my hands.


I'm starting by making knitted dishcloths as many others have done. I've been wanting to do some more. I would also like to start some embroidered dish towels.
The main thing if finding useful things to do, but it is also fun.


Linda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I send some of my handiwork that needs finishing to you? Seriously, good luck on your endeavors!

Jane

Linda said...

I hope you meant idle, not really idol ;)

That said, I know what you mean about the 15 minute computer break turning into an hour.

Honestly.. these devices are both blessings and curses.. you can learn sooooo much from things online, but it tends to steal so much of your time as well.. I can never think of which is more important.. :)

Greetings from the netherlands!