Saturday, November 28, 2009

27 Days Til Christmas-The Christmas House




One of our Christmas traditions is to go to the Christmas House. This is in an old house. It's full of stuff they have collected in their travels and things they have made. Over the years I've bought several Early American collectibles. These are this years finds.
The coaster is by Enoch Wedgwood (Tunstall) Ltd. Made in England. I tried to find out about this china, but couldn't find this exact coaster so I'm not sure what it's history is.
The little cups have a picture of the Mayflower on them and are made by Scammell's Trenton China USA. I looked it up and they made railroad and hotel china, they are collectible.
I don't usually look into the history of the piece I buy but thought it might be fun for this post. Now I'm interested I may do some more research on things I've bought.
I always get some gifts and some goodies for myself at very good prices. They have made noises about stopping a few times, but thankfully they haven't, it wouldn't be the same without our trip to Christmas House every Christmas.
Linda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linda

Those Mayflower teacups are great! They would be fun to use at Thanksgiving. It's fun to learn about antiques isn't it?

Jane

Unknown said...

Jane, Actually the cups are pretty small, demitass size. I know they look bigger in the photo. I've never really looked into antiques before, but with my love of history I can see that it would be a fasinating adventure. Linda