Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Table's set, house is clean, turkey is ready to go in the oven, spiced cider is in the crock pot, salad and cranberry relish in the frig. I'm ready for Thanksgiving.

I have to go pick up my dd in a bit. I'm very thankful that she has a temp job after being out of work for almost a year. My other dd, sil and gd's will be here later. They are all bringing more food. I'm also thankful that my sil is ok after a motorcycle accident.

My favorite Thanksgiving food is the cranberry relish, what's yours?

Last year I read several books about the pilgrims and that first Thanksgiving day. They had gone through a lot of trials and yet they were thankful for what they had. They knew that settling in a new land would not be easy but they were willing to work hard and try. For many their faith was what gave them the courage. Life is full of challenges, but we can't avoid them, it takes courage to live life with hope and faith to life life with gratitude and thanksgiving. I'm thankful for my faith and grateful for it every day.

I hope you have a wonderful day and enjoy a wonderful meal with someone.

Linda

2 comments:

Sharon Goemaere said...

What a beautiful post Linda!Steve and I had a wonderful Thanksgiving with his family at their apartment.Good food and much laughter.Turkey and pumpkin pie are my favorite foods for Thanksgiving.Blessings~Sharon

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful Thanksgiving and such good things to be thankful for! Pretty tablesetting as well!

Jane