Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Getting Ready







I've got my centerpiece made and redid some of my fall decorations. I was getting tired of them and just simplified a bit. I love using scented candles, but because of allergies I had to keep it to one this year. The little pumpkin on top of the topiary is one I made by needle felting. My gd taught me how to needle felt and I needed a topper for my topiary as it was missing. I love the way it turned out. I also have a plum I can use at Christmas to top it.


I did all my shopping yesterday and baked off the sugar pumpkins. Today I'm just making sure I have everything I need and figuring out a cooking schedule. I don't usually make the turkey and the last time I tried to make one it wasn't done, so I'm hoping it turns out well this year. There are so many different directions out there for how to bake them. I think what was wrong that last time is it didn't get completely defrosted. I got a fresh one this time so that shouldn't be a problem. This recipe that I'm trying (see my kitchen blog) uses a lot of broth over the turkey and I'm not sure how that is going to turn out, but all the comments said it was the best they every had.


I was thinking about what a crazy year this has been and yet how much I have to be grateful for. I was feeling a little sorry for myself and my Pastors sermon this last Sunday helped me to change my attitude see it here on my bible study blog.


So I feel I'm preparing in many ways to celebrate Thanksgiving and hope to have many more to celebrate.


Linda


2 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Your decorations are lovely! I really like that fabric pumpkin!

I'm sure everything will turn out really well and you'll all have a fabulous and delicious meal!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Manuela

Anonymous said...

Everything is lovely as usually Linda! I'm sure your turkey will be delicious. Happy Thanksgiving!

Jane