Monday, December 7, 2009

17 Days Til Christmas-Christmas Reading

I always bring out my Christmas books at this time of year. The Quilter's Holiday is a new one. I just finished reading Winter in Thrush Green by Miss. Read. I have 3 other Christmas books by her. Last year I discovered I really liked Anne Perry's books, they are mysteries set in Scotland, not in modern times. If you click on the picture it enlarges and you can see what the titles are. I'm doing a lot of reading and not watching much tv. Because it's cold at night and I'm trying to save on heating I'm taking my book and going to bed early some nights to read and stay warm. It has been really cold here, but no snow. I had enough snow last year to last me for a long time.

I'm going to post some of my decorating photos on Around the House. I think I'm finally done.

Linda

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have some lovely Christmas books! I love to retire early and read in my toasty bed also. I think it's one of the greatest of pleasures!

Jane

Gayle said...

I will have to try the quilters book. I love that series. I am reading Winter Soltice by Rosamund Pilcher. So delightful...

Janet said...

One of my favorites is Twenty Four Days Before Christmas by Madeleine L'Engle. So homey and cozy!

Unknown said...

Janet, I haven't heard of that one. I'll have to look it up. I love anything homey and cozy. Linda