Saturday, December 5, 2009

20 Days Til Christmas-Vintage Tree











Ever year I have a theme for my tree. Last year I did children's books. I knew that I was going to do Christmas cards this year. I save all the cute ones. I decided to do a small tree this year instead of my usual large tree, not up to wrestling with it. So when I looked at my cards I thought these vintage cards that came out of my childhood scrapbook would be cute together with the bubble lights. I like that way it turned out. It's missing tinsel, and the trees were not so full, of course this is a fake one. I've done theme trees for the last several years. One year I did a starry nights theme and also had a small tree that year on a table. I put the manger under it and the decorations were all stars and balls in silver, blue and purples. One year I did a candy cane tree. I love red and white. I hung real candy canes all over it and red and white stripped ornaments. I've done a snow man tree and a tree with toys all over it, and an Americana tree. I don't know what next year will be, maybe Santa's. My idea to do tussy mussies didn't work out. Maybe another year, I just didn't have the right stuff and I didn't want to buy anything. I'm trying to use what I have.
Linda




4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

Linda ~ I love your vintage Christmas card tree with the bubble lights. I would love to have seen your starry nights tree with the Nativity scene under it. Wow.

Have a lovely Christmas ~ FlowerLady

Anonymous said...

How cute! I'm also seeing a Scotty dog theme. They are such adorable pups!

Jane

Unknown said...

Yes there was a lot of scottie dogs. I love them, but I'm not sure why there were so many, they must have been popular then.

The stary nights is one of my favorites, but I also loved the candy cane one. Linda

Suzanne said...

The tree is lovely!