Monday, December 28, 2009

Redecorating For The New Year







I saw the idea of the doors on the mantle at The Inspired Room. I tried to find the exact post, but couldn't find it. As soon as I saw it I said I have to do that with my doors. I love how it turned out. Edit I found the post here.


So I usually after Christmas decorate with an early spring look. I think after all that glitter, red and green I want something lighter. I also wanted to keep some lights for those dark days. Every time I redecorate I usually put out a few books. This time I put out some of my garden books, keeping in mind that I was going to study some of my garden books this winter.


I wasn't going to take down the decorations so soon, but I got an idea for rearranging the furniture that I wanted to try. Also I always redo my files and budget book in Jan. and I wanted to have the house in order first. So I can get started on organizing the files right after the New Year.
Linda

2 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

LOVE it! Wish I had some door so I could do the same! Love the lights too.

Yes, after all the glitter and just general clutter, I'm so ready to put things away. I feel like I need some breathing space! I think it's having that tree in my living room! Takes up too much space.

Manuela

Paula said...

Dear Linda,

I love the doors on the mantle. Everything looks gorgeous, as always!!! I love the garden books, too. I am beginning to put away my Christmas decorations and change things up as well.

Love, Paula