Friday, April 23, 2010

More Puttering-Lavender Scented Draw Liners


This is wrapping paper. My gd helped me and we put new paper liner in my dresser drawers. Under the paper you sprinkle baking powder scented with essential oil, I used Lavender, of course. I got this idea from some old print outs from Brancante Home, it's one of her puttering ideas. Now I'm going to do the same thing in my bathroom drawers. I also decluttered and reorganized the drawers while I was at it. I wanted the drawers to not be too full so I could see my beautiful paper, so I put the extras in a storage box in my closet. If I don't end up using those things I will eventually get rid of them.
Linda

6 comments:

Paula said...

Wonderful idea Linda, and it looks beautiful too! Love, Paula

Barb said...

What a great idea!! Why baking powder? How much essential oil do you use? I really can't wait to try this idea, thanks for posting!

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment yesterday - it's always so good to see you!

Blessings,
Barb

Unknown said...

Barb, She didn't say way baking powder. As far as amounts I had about 1 tsp. per drawer with a few drops of oil. I had to make a second batch for my bathroom and I put a little more oil in that one because I wanted to make sure I could smell it. So you just have to try it and add more if it doesn't seem like enough, we're talking drops though. My bathroom smells wonderful. Linda

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Very pretty! I still check in on her blog now and then. She pretty entertaining!

Manuela

Janet said...

What a great idea. I will have to try it after my Crabtree and Evelyn drawer liners lose their scent. I put them in my suitcases too, keeps them smelling fresh. I bet the baking soda scent wouldn't work very well in a suitcase, huh?

Unknown said...

Janet, It's baking powder, not soda. I imagine it would be kind of messy for a suitcase, but you could just put some oil on a cotton ball and put that in your suitcase. Linda