Monday, May 10, 2010

Crocheted Bag



This is my latest project completed. It was easy to do and another Attic24 project. The link is here . I had a nice Mother's Day and I had to take the ferry. I used my new bag to hold some extra clothes and it worked perfectly. I was a little afraid the handles would stretch, but they didn't. I followed her pattern exactly except I made my handles longer, because I wanted a shoulder bag. I might make it a little narrower. I'm kind of a loose crocheter and I think she may have used a smaller hook. I used a 4. The flowers were fun to make. I'd like to make some pins out of them.
.
I've used up most of my yarn and the colors I have left aren't my favorites, so I'm going to start collecting the colors I want for my lap robe. I'm going to do the flower garden pattern with pink and red flowers and the blue and green background. I'm not going to make it too big, because it gets expensive. I'm sticking with my Cascade Superwash because it's one of the more reasonable good yarns. I wanted to do an alpaca or cashmere, but too pricey.
.
I love crocheting. I was going to take a break from it, but I enjoy it too much to stop. It's sort of addictive.
.
Linda

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness! That is so cute Linda! Makes me wish I knew how to crochet.

Jane

Unknown said...

Thankyou ladies. Hi Jane. It's very easy to learn to crochet. Linda

Janet said...

So cute and the flowers are just the icing on the cake.

Marqueta (Mar-kee-ta) G. said...

That is SO beautiful! I love the happy colors.

Love,

Marqueta

Angie said...

Linda this is the cutest, coolest bag!! Amazing! I need to come to your blog more often!!

Angie

Anonymous said...

That would be awesome in wool and then felted too! Imagine the color blends!
My friend Clarice has a rockin' mama!

LaVonne

Unknown said...

LaVonne, Making one to felt is a great idea. Thanks. Linda

Nancy said...

You are very clever to make that lovely bag! I agree, a shoulder bag is better.

Becky said...

That is toooo cute! I love the festive colors.The flowers give it a happy look! Great job!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I just love it! The colors are so perfect and I love the size. I can see why you find crochet so addicting! You're able to make such pretty items!

Manuela

Gumbo Lily said...

Adorable bag!! Such fun for summer days.

jody

Annie Bananie said...

Hi Linda I'm a "Coffee Shoppe" friend of C. I just love the colours you chose for your bag as well as the bag for C's birthday. A great looking bag, I shall try my hand at making one:)
Ann in England.