Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Homemade Bath and Body Products






I've been wanting to try some of these. I've been collecting recipes just like I did with the cleaners. So this is what I've made and the link for the recipes.




Homemade Toothpaste from Passionate Homemaking I was a little afraid of this because it has soap in it, but I figured if she can get her kids to use it it can't be too bad. I used spearmint and orange in mine and it taste very nice. Time will tell how effective it is.





Homemade All-Natural Deodorant from Passionate Homemaking I tried it this morning and it has worked altho I haven't gotten sweaty today. I rub it in and couldn't feel anything so that's good. The natural deodorant I've been using hasn't worked that well.




Homemade Shampoo from Passionate Homemaking I made this today, but I haven't had a chance to try it yet. This recipe is shampoo and conditioner all in one. I have another recipe for a shampoo and a separate conditioner that I may try if this makes my hair too limp. I was going to try the no poo method, but when I saw someone had actually come up with a shampoo recipe I was thrilled. I'll let you know how it works for me.




Gardener's Hand Scrub from House on Hill Road I haven't tried this, but my gd tells me that when her hands are dirty she does exactly what they did in this recipe she mixes a little sugar with the soap. So it does work.




Bath Fizzies from Mindful Momma These have to dry and so I haven't had a chance to try them yet. I was looking to an alternative to my bubble bath and these sounded like fun. I didn't have a mold for them and trying to just mold them with your hands was difficult. My gd helped me and we tried some different things and ended up using 2 ice cream scoops, but you have to gently tap them out of the mold or they crumble, so the mold can't be too deep or filled up too much, so my fizzies are kind of small. Update I tried it last night and I liked it. It gave the water a soothing kind of feel and I could see it was like having a bit of oil in the bath but not too much. I tend to have dry skin from my love of hot baths, so this will be good for my skin.




I was going to make some lip balm but I couldn't find the ingredients. I'm still looking for a recipe for moisturiser for my face.




I also saw a recipe for bubble bath, but it uses shampoo and so after I try the shampoo I plan to try making the babble bath with the homemade shampoo, don't know if that will work. I also want to make bath salts.




I also want to try some recipes using herbs.


Linda

2 comments:

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Good for you for making all those! Like you I have tons of recipes but never take the time to make them. I'll be interested to see what you think of these in the long term.

Manuela

Heidi said...

It sounds like fun to make these things yourself. Kind of like cooking too...if you make it from scratch, you know what went in it. That has to be good.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi