Monday, September 13, 2010

Shawl Project plus Martha on Hallmark


Well I finally finished the shawl I start a year ago. It was one of my Tasha Tudor projects, not her pattern, but an easy pattern. I wasn't sure the buttons were going to work out, but they actually turned out pretty cool. The only thing I would do differently is make it a little wider. Now I can get back to my crocheted lap robe.

I've been watching Martha Steward's new programing on Hallmark channel today. I haven't watched her for a long time because I didn't like her current show, but the Hallmark shows are pretty good. I especially liked Mad Hungry and Everyday Food. Martha doesn't host these shows, but people that work for her do. Did anyone else see the shows?

Linda

4 comments:

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

Hi Linda.. no I didn't see the shows. I just wanted to stop by for a visit and see how you are doing? Are you feeling well? It looks like you are keeping yourself busy! Hope you are well!

Nancy said...

The Shawl looks lovely! Is it a gift or are you going to wear it?

Thanks for your comments on Porch Days. I am still unpacking boxes and putting things in the discard pile. I want to sell the items and put the money into a TV fund for Mr. B. He wants a larger TV in his new room. But I am finding it is not a good time to sell anything. Prices are very low!
Nancy

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

Your shawl is lovely! You will love it in the cooler weather. You are very talented, I haven't seen a thing you have made that was not just beautiful! The buttons on the shawl are so pretty.

I'm not a big Martha fan either. I don't get the Hallmark channel, but on PBS, on Saturday morning, they have, Everyday Cooking, I do like that show.

Hugs,
Barb

Becky said...

What a beautiful shawl! I haven't seen Martha yet, I didn't like her show that was syndicated,too much chit-chat. I like the older show,her doing what she does best without the celebraties.