Monday, November 22, 2010

Posy Pin



I finally put together that charming crocheted pin from Attic 24. I put this one of my dd's birthday gift. I want to make some more of these. They are pretty easy to put together, but take a little time to put all together.

We have snow. The first of the season. It's not sticking on the streets yet, but we have about an inch now. It's been on and off all day.

I put out a pile of Christmas books to read. I read all the new ones I got. I've also started a new crochet project. I wanted to use up some of the yarn I've had for a while. I've been wanting to make this lap robe I saw that is one big granny square. You just keep adding on until you get to the size you want. I had some chunky blue variegated yarn that I bought a while ago. It's cheaper yarn so I want to use it up and I thought this would be a good project for it. I'm using the biggest crochet needle that I had.

I'm doing my shopping tomorrow for food, if I can get to the store. I always make a couple of sides. This year it's easy and simple, stir fry green beans with chopped ham and a green salad. I'm bringing some really good ice cream that we like in an appropriate flavor. I have to see what they have. I know that have pumpkin. My dd is cooking up a storm. We almost always go over to her house. A few times I had it here, but it seems to work better at her house.

Have a Happy Thanksgiving.

Linda

2 comments:

??????????????????????????????? said...

Linda your posy pin is absolutely adorable!
I also wanted to come by and wish you a very blessed and happy Thanksgiving!

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

I love the pin! I need to go to her web page and get the pattern! I would love it and I know that my daughters and granddaughters would think it was very fun! I have been in a crocheting mood lately. I've been making granny squares and hats for my grands.

We have had bad storms that started Friday and are still hanging in there! Tomorrow morning they have issued Blizzard warnings for the whole all of East Idaho, with 39 mph winds, and 3-6 inches of new snow, on top of our already 13 inches! Hopefully my husband will not have to drive to work. He works about 90 miles away, and has to drive a very hazardous stretch of highway. I will be praying hard tonight for his safety and for others who will be on the roads.

We are having Thanksgiving at my daughters home this year. We will have Turkey, ham, stuffing, potatoes and gravy, my grandmother's recipe for creamed corn, Frog-Eye salad, cranberry sauce, candied yams, and pies of every color and kind! Wow, when I look at that list of food, I feel very blessed! I'm bringing the ham, pumpkin pie, rolls and cranberry sauce, so my job isn't too hard. We will be feeding about 20 people - if it works out just right there won't be too many left-overs!

My favorite holiday ice cream is eggnog!

Thanks for sharing the darling pin with us!

Hugs,
Barb