Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas House


I'm trying not to get caught up in the hype of Christmas. What I've been trying to do is focus on one thing at a time, but I feel time slipping away from me and in spite of my efforts not to get frantic I find myself slipping into that rush rush mode.

Today I'm at home and I'm just catching up on chores. I've been out so much enjoying the seasonal events. We always go to Christmas House on Bainbridge Island every year and I always get Harney and Son's Holiday Tea at this beautiful tea and knitting shop on the island. So we did both of those things the other day.

I got a set of soup bowls that are really too small for soup, but I thought they would be  cute for dessert or to put candles in. I just liked the design. I got some other china pieces and a little Christmas house. She always has something I would love to buy but can't afford. This year it was a beautiful red wool blanket.

I'm having a nice cup of Coconut Chai while my laundry is going and getting ready to do my bill paying. Have a great day and remember you are blessed.

Linda

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

I can always depend on you to show us something beautiful and full of charm! I love the Christmas season, but like you, I try not to get too caught up in it...sometimes, it's hard! I think I'll go and have myself a hot cup of Double-Spice Chai before I get ready for bed - I love Chai tea too!

Warm hugs,
Barb