Thursday, December 9, 2010

Living History Museum- Fort Nisqually


They were having a special Victorian days for Christmas. My granddaughter and daughter dressed up. The first photo is in the living room of the main house. The ladies were sewing. The second photo my gd is playing a tossing game with wooden rings and sticks. The third game my other gd is playing with a rod and stick. They had a lot of fun.

I got my shopping done and I've started my decorating. I'm not into decorate this year like I usually am, but I'm at least doing my living room and dining room. I don't know if I'll get to any of the other rooms, or outside, but I don't want to force it. My next post will be pictures of the decorations. I have been trying to get here all week to do this post. This week end we are hoping to decorate a gingerbread house (premade) and cookies. That was my motivation for getting the decorating done.

I've been enjoying giving through Curves this year. They are doing toys for our local Fish Line. They had an article in the paper about really being down on donations. They are also sending food and cards to the troops. So that has made it fun. I always want to do those things, but never know how or where. They made it easy for me. So when we do the gingerbread this weekend we are also making rice crispy treats for the troops. I heard they ship better than cookies.

I hope you are all holding up and enjoying the season.

Linda

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, Linda, I am the middle lady in the parlor photo. I have a google search going that tracks postings about Fort Nisqually. That's how I saw you blog. I'm glad you and your granddaughter had a good time at the fort. It was a lovely day wasn't it! Happy Holidays to you and yours. Jill

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

I can't believe I missed this post! I love the history that is everywhere on the west coast! A few years ago, we were out that way and tried as hard as we could to catch all of the wonderful forts and museums as we traveled up the coast. We didn't get to this one! What wonderful pictures, and how fun for your beautiful granddaughter to be able to take part in the fun! I can't believe how green the grass is!

I did not get into decorating this year either. I have my tree up and a few of my favorite things, but very simple this year. How wonderful to send Rice Crispy Treats to the troops, I'm sure they will love them!

Hugs,
Barb