Thursday, January 6, 2011

A New Year


I've spent the first 6 days of the new year getting the house back into order after taking down Christmas decorations and figuring out what to do about my diet. I checked out WW's new program, but it just doesn't work for me and the Curves program has the same problems. So on the advise of a friend I'm going to try and work with Suzanne Somers program. I just came to the decision that I needed a bit more structure, but a structure that works for me. I'm having trouble getting off of sugar, after the holidays as well as snacking too much. I think one of my problems is I don't eat enough at meals.

This is the time of year I always get my office and files in order, but I'm just doing the minimum this year. I've still reading like crazy, I've got several books going at once. I'm reading a mystery and have 2 more waiting. I started Little Women and have to get back to that and I got a book I've been waiting for from the library  called "Fannie's Last Supper" Re-creating One Amazing Meal from Fannie Farmer's 1896 Cookbook by Chris Kimball. I'm really enjoying it.

I'm working on a granny square purse. I'll share photos when I finish it.

Take care.
Linda

3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

So good to see you here! I love your photo, it looks like a "new year" - the blue is so pretty! And are those cupcake paper flowers? You and Clarice, are both so creative, I loved her cupcake paper wreath!

I am slowly getting my things taken down, I'm so much slower than I used to be!

I lost 50 pounds on WW, but I'm not so sure I like their new program...if it's not broken don't fix it! I have done the Suzanne Summers diet, it's a good one because you still get to have fruit and carbs, you just have to have them in the morning, and very limited. Good luck with whatever you decide.

I have been reading a couple of books at the same time too - Wren Bay has been one of my favorites, I love it! I will have to check out the Fannie Farmer book, it sounds delightful!

The granny square purse sounds fun! Can't wait to see pictures!

Hugs,
Barb

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

I'll be looking forward to what you decide on the diet. I need to reduce my sugar, too. Sure wish I never had to think about it again.

Happy New Year Linda!

Nancy said...

It is hard to get back on the straight and narrow after Christmas. Everything I read says small meals and eat often. In the "old days" it was thought wrong to snack and now it is right. Maybe we just need to stay busy with other things so we don't think so much about food.