Thursday, March 3, 2011

A Comfortable and Nurturing Home

I'm getting in the spring cleaning mood, except that allergies are keeping me from doing it. I've been decluttering and trying to let go of stuff I don't really use. I was rereading some of the articles from down-to-earth and noticed her talking about wanting to make her home comfortable and nurturing and I started thinking instead of just trying to get rid of stuff, maybe I should be thinking in terms of is my home comfortable and nurturing. I think having it working well with a place for things so that you can find them is desirable but I don't think I have to worry about it being antiseptically clean and tidy. It always seems like as soon as I get rid of something I wish I had it back. I've been decluttering for several years now and so I don't have a cluttered house, but it is something you have to keep at because things keep coming in. So anyway I decided to not struggle so much with those books I want to keep and instead keep things reasonable tidy and if something starts to bug me that is probably a sign that I need to do something about it. Right now my garage is getting out of  control, but it's too cold now to get out there. I'm wanting to reorg. my kitchen again because some of the things I did last time aren't working so well now. I made room in the den closet for the vegs. that I'm dehydrating so that's done.

I think as soon as the weather is nice enough I want to start getting outside walking and thinking about the garden. The first day of spring is not that far off.

This is a quickie today because I'm not feeling well.

Linda

4 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

Thank you for your sweet comments on my blog~my sweet daughter is doing well, and baby is getting better by the day! He is so cute, I even got to hold him today!

I am so ready to start Spring Cleaning! I agree with Rhonda, I like to have my home "livable" not sanitized, I just have to organize and make my space work for me. Good luck with your reorganizing!

I am really looking forward to getting outside, walking, and stretching these tired old muscles!

Hugs,
Barb

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

I'm sorry you are not feeling well Linda. Are you okay?

I've run into the same situation where I have given away something only to need it later. But, in comparison it's been a small portion compared to what I have given away. And even when I had wished I hadn't given the item away ...I either got by without it or God provided the money to buy the item again. It's a trial and error approach and I sure don't want to be a poor steward but I do like a clutter free home. Right now I need to do some decluttering. :-)

Lady Linda said...

I'm doing some decluttering too Linda. I have parted with a few things the past that I am still missing, but not too much. God has blessed me with lots of fun goodies to share with others.I remember a friend of mine told me long ago, it's ok to have stuff if you can share it with others...that's where your nurturing comes in! It's wrong to have things stuffed in boxes or tubs if we never use them or share them in some way...like teas! Carry on Linda....sounds like you are on the right track.
Miss you all up north!

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

Hey lady! Thanks for posting. I have not tried to unplug everything. I should. Right now I'm not paying for electricity. My mother does that though.

I hope you're doing well. We're trying to live one day at a time for that is where God's grace is.