Sunday, April 3, 2011

Blog Sharing and My Week

I've been going through all my blogs on my blog feeder and I was thinking I'd like to share some of the ones I enjoy on a variety of subjects. I'm also going to be redoing my blog page and the lists I have on it. I'd like to redo the look of it too, but not sure yet what I want to do.

The first blog I want to share is http://tigressinajam.blogspot.com/ It is from my canning and preserving category. I don't really can, but I would like to. I've always wanted to make mustard and though Tigress in a Jam I somehow found this recipe  http://localkitchenblog.com/2010/03/12/can-jam-roasted-garlic-lemon-mustard/ So maybe I'll try it one of these days. Tigress has some yummy recipes and links to other yummy recipes. If you have any good canning and preserving sites you like, please share.

I've decided to try going grain free for several months and see if any of my allergic symptoms go away or get better. I read a blog about a family that had several allergic symptoms, not just stomach, but rashes, dizziness and so on and this made a big difference for their whole family. I'm not really suppose to be eating grains on my low carb diet, but I cheat now and then and so I'm using this to find out is I'm really strict if I notice any difference. I've been dizzy a lot lately and I've always been allergic. It's quite common for diabetics to have problems with grains.

I'm knitting a fall scarf, with fall colors and I got a pattern for a hat. So when I finish the scarf I'm going to try making a hat with circular needles. I'm starting to think about what I can make for Christmas gifts. I can't say what but I've started one project already.

So this week I made the call about my cable. I was prepared to be without tv, but I was able to get the economy package for it and my Internet, they are the same provider. So I cut my cost almost in half. I don't get all of my favorite channels, but most of them. I've decided to tackle the rest of the things a bite at a time. This week I'm going to tackle the cell phone. I've also unplugged all the things that I can to see if I can save on power. I tried it once before, but not really long enough to tell, but I heard someone say they did it and saved a fair amount. I'm more motivated now, it's a little inconvenient, but I think I can get use to it. Another thing I'm going to do is go with a smaller garbage can and that will reduce that bill.

We (my gd and I) went on a hike with the Curves group today. They were planning to go a lot farther than I though I could go so we just went part of the way and then dropped out, but it's a start and now I know a new cool place to walk. I need to get back in the walking grove. I tired out pretty quick today and we were lagging behind the group.

The photo is my herb and pansy garden. It survived the winter and is growing well. I planted some lettuce this week.

Have a good week.

Linda

2 comments:

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

Hi Linda... Looks like you're making quite a few changes. :-) I'll be interested to see how you do going grain free. I've done it at times and always feel so good and lose weight eventually. I'm limiting grains these days but still eating them. Hope it goes well for you.

Heather said...

Best of luck with all your plans this spring! I've heard some amazing things about people improving their health by listening to how their body responds to certain foods. I think you're smart to start the fall scarf now, I kept meaning to knit myself a scarf all winter and here it is, spring already!~