Thursday, June 9, 2011

Daily Life

Sorry I just haven't had much to say lately. I'm still doing pretty much the same things. I finished Little Women, Little Men and The Narnia Chronicles. Now I'm starting The Hobbit and Jo's Boys. I really enjoyed Little Men and Jo's Boys begins 10 years later. I read that it is the last book she wrote at the end of her life. I have a book called "The World of Louisa May Alcott" by William Anderson. It's quite interesting and talks of other authors of the time. I enjoyed finally finding out the end of the Narnia stories. I want to read some of his other books, but got in the mood to try The Hobbit because they are making a movie of it right now.

I'm making good progress on my cross stitch and plan to do the whole series of Peter Rabbit patterns that I have. I think they are so cute. I sit down and sew for an hour or two almost every day. I'm not doing any crochet or knitting right now, but my gd has shown me a crochet pattern that I may attempt for her and I plan to make another purse.

I've been trying hard to stick to budget and I'm doing well. I finally have the food budget under control, but it's not easy. It also mean little to no purchases that aren't absolutely needed.

My cooking has been very uninteresting lately, just trying to eat more salads and veggies. I've started phase 2 of Atkins and that means I can start adding some carbs, but haven't done that yet. I'm losing slow, but after a stall I started losing again. I've found that drinking water and eating the vegs. are important as well as being active. My dd and I took a 2 milk hike on Sat. and I hope that as the weather get nice I'll be able to do more of that.

Including a variety of photos from house and garden.

Hope you are enjoying life.

Linda

7 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

I love the pictures of your house, it looks so serene and peaceful!

It sounds like you have been really busy - I would love to see the Peter Rabbit cross stitch when you are done - I love Peter Rabbit!

Isn't it wonderful to find an eating routine that works?! I have been struggling with my diet since last Fall, and have not been able to get back on track. Good luck with the Atkins, I will have to check it out. Keep up the good work walking - I'm sure it's just beautiful where you are... :0)

Hugs,
Barb

La Tea Dah said...

Your home looks lovely and serene. All the best with your diet --- I find them a challenge, but necessary. :D

Heidi said...

Oh Linda...I adore the bench in your living room. And lovely to see a little crocheted piece on your coffee table.

You asked about the Japanese flower being the pattern from Attic24. It is not what I used. I used the pattern from Elizabeth Cat's blog. Here is the link to copy:
http://byelizabethcat.blogspot.com/2011/02/i-make-my-japanese-flowers-like-this.html

I found this flower was easy to follow and worked well. The large flower for my blanket is a different pattern which I hope I can find again now that I am going back to it. I put it aside too long. It is a frightening idea that I will not remember what I was doing. Fingers crossed.....

Jos and I are doing everything with as little money budgeted as possible. It is a challenge as things are just so expensive. Even searching for 2nd hand items for the garden is not an easy task. I found a table we fixed up for only 10 euros after months of searching. It came up beautifully and we now have a little coffee/tea corner in our garden. It is fun to spend little and have a richer life.

If you have any questions about the crochet pattern do not hesitate to email me. Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Lady Linda said...

Lovely pictures Linda! You have so many nice things! I know budgeting is hard, but you have such a beautiful home.
I've been doing a diet similar to yours and it works so well for me...carbs and sugar are my downfall. I've gotten 27 ibs off, but have lots to go. I sure do feel better and have more energy.
Have you done anymore on your quilt?
Love, Linda

A Cultivated Nest said...

Your snowballs are so pretty! Everything looks so light and summery inside.

I just finished a book about Louisa and her father. He's a very interesting person!

Manuela

Nancy said...

Sounds like you stay busy. I, too, enjoy reading and manage about four books a week. I also spend hours with my photography and craft work. The weight loss is a struggle, isn't it? Mr. B and I have done Atkins in the past. We buy lean ground beef and chicken breasts on sale and put it in the freezer. Nancy

Heidi said...

Stopped by to visit and thought I would say hi even though there is not a new entry on. I just wanted you to know that I was thinking of you today!

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi