Thursday, June 9, 2011

Daily Life

Sorry I just haven't had much to say lately. I'm still doing pretty much the same things. I finished Little Women, Little Men and The Narnia Chronicles. Now I'm starting The Hobbit and Jo's Boys. I really enjoyed Little Men and Jo's Boys begins 10 years later. I read that it is the last book she wrote at the end of her life. I have a book called "The World of Louisa May Alcott" by William Anderson. It's quite interesting and talks of other authors of the time. I enjoyed finally finding out the end of the Narnia stories. I want to read some of his other books, but got in the mood to try The Hobbit because they are making a movie of it right now.

I'm making good progress on my cross stitch and plan to do the whole series of Peter Rabbit patterns that I have. I think they are so cute. I sit down and sew for an hour or two almost every day. I'm not doing any crochet or knitting right now, but my gd has shown me a crochet pattern that I may attempt for her and I plan to make another purse.

I've been trying hard to stick to budget and I'm doing well. I finally have the food budget under control, but it's not easy. It also mean little to no purchases that aren't absolutely needed.

My cooking has been very uninteresting lately, just trying to eat more salads and veggies. I've started phase 2 of Atkins and that means I can start adding some carbs, but haven't done that yet. I'm losing slow, but after a stall I started losing again. I've found that drinking water and eating the vegs. are important as well as being active. My dd and I took a 2 milk hike on Sat. and I hope that as the weather get nice I'll be able to do more of that.

Including a variety of photos from house and garden.

Hope you are enjoying life.

Linda
Post a Comment