Friday, July 22, 2011

Back From the Beach



We just got back from a few lovely days at the beach. It's hard to get back into everyday life. I just want to keep pretending I'm on vacation. I've not been sure if I was going to continue this blog or not. I still have my nose in a book most of the time. I've almost finished The Lord of the Rings series. I'm feeling that maybe come fall I'll be ready to get back to normal.


This is the beginning of a Christmas present. My inspiration was from Heidi. I have seen these Japenses Flower scarfs, but didn't really like them until I saw her version in grey. It is a present for my dd so can't show the finished product until after I give it to her. She picked out the yarn. Mine is a little different, but I love both of them and thank Heidi for sharing.                                                                                  

I hope you are all having a great summer. See you this fall if not before. Linda                                      













3 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

Your pictures are so beautiful - I love the beach! I don't think there is anything more beautiful than sunset on the Pacific! I'm so glad you had a good time, we all need to get away and just forget about reality - but coming home is always wonderful too!

I have thought many times about giving up my blog. It seems I just don't have the time to devote to it, and I always have so many pictures of family, it makes me worry a little. Then . . . I start blogging again, and read my wonderful friends blogs (like yours!), and I change my mind. You always inspire me!

I love the scarf - it's hard to believe that it's already time to start thinking about Christmas! Today, it was very cool here, and it actually reminded me of . . . dare I say it . . . Fall! Let's hope we have Summer a little longer... :0)

Hang in there!

Hugs,
Barb

Heidi said...

Hello Linda! The photos of your vacation look heavenly. It looks so pretty through the trees. When you have had a great vacation it resonates into life when you return but that is a good thing.

What a joy to know my scarf inspired you to make a version of your own. I will look forward to seeing the finish product. Aren't the flowers fun to make?

I hope you continue to blog. I so enjoy being able to visit with you. Blogging has no set rules and you should not feel it is a chore but a chance to record your thoughts. Just blog when you feel like it. I have found that blogging has helped me to look at the good things in life that much clearer.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Lena said...

Oh, I do hope that you will continue to write here, every now and then. I do understand though, the need to take breaks, even long ones from time to time, now and then. You've much to share, in a quiet and very nice way, that I've enjoyed. Thank you.