Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Wholemade Grain-free, Gluten-free Crackers (edited)


Sorry I realized after I posted this yesterday that the link was wrong so it has been edited.
I wanted to share that I made these grain-free, gluten-free crackers today. Here is the link to the original recipe. These were really easy to make and delicious. I made a few changes. I used a dry thyme instead of the fresh rosemary and I plain olive oil instead of the hot pepper oil. Also I didn't use the sunflower butter, but used what I had which was a vegan product called Earth Balance Butter Sticks. I used a drop of stevia instead of the honey or agave. I used Trader Joe's Almond Meal for this recipe. The recipe is very forgiving to variations. You could use the products you have real butter, fresh or dried herbs, sweetener of choice. It's a savory cracker so it really only has a tiny bit of sweetener anyway, you might be able to just leave it out. I want to take his suggestion and try a sweet version of this. I will say one thing about using almond flour it is expensive. I'm lucky I have a wonderful grocery store with a big bulk section and that helps and also Trader Joe's is always a little more reasonable.




This is my fancy Rotating Project list I wrote about yesterday. So far it's working well. One of the things I want to do is start using some of the ideas I find on Pinterest and those will be future projects. Both the crackers and the Rotating Project list came from Pinterest. One category is definitely going to be cooking gluten-free and grain-free and dairy-free. Another category is deep cleaning projects. I have clean the kitchen cabinet doors up there right now. Finishing UFO is one of my hobby projects. I tend to take on too much at once and this will help me to keep focused on a few things at a time.

Linda

No comments: