Tuesday, February 21, 2012

New Project Tracking Idea


Well I went to write a post and found out my browser can't be used anymore, so here I am trying to learn to use Google Chrome. I just wanted to say I'm feeling a lot better on this new gluten-free diet and I'm trying to get back on my schedule and get more active. I found an idea for a rotating goals list, but I'm calling mine a project list. It's basically 6 sticky notes for 6 projects on a piece of paper. Some of the things I like about it are-

 they always say you shouldn't tackle more than 5 or 6 things at a time

I like the sticky notes because they come in so many colors and I can use a different color to signify different areas of my life, like hobbies, household, health, cooking, personal and so on.

I also like the fact that being a compulsive list maker and note book keeper, I can save these sticky notes in a note book to look back on what I've accomplished.

I like that when you finish a project it is easy to take it down and put up a new project or if you change you mind, have a new thought or need it's easy to replace your sticky note with a new one.

The original idea had a time limit on the goals, instead I've added the date when I add a project and the date I finished it. That way I can see that project has been up there a long time and I haven't done anything about it yet.

The other reason I thought this was a good idea is because I have been so into my cross-stitch and reading that I haven't done much else, so I'm hoping this will help me address some of the other areas of my life.

I know some people will think I'm crazy, but some will understand. Here is the original idea.

Linda


.

3 comments:

Zaa said...

Hey Linda .. Keeping a list is always a good organizational idea for life... and if it works for you ..and feels good ..DO IT !!!!!... Your pansy teapot is delightful and the idea of getting into a dedicated health project is fabulous... that's what I need to do .... so THANKS for the inspiration, my Friend... Hugs

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

Awesome idea! I may just have to make one!

Thanks for the info you left on my blog, Linda. Have you blogged about your gluten free diet?

Jenifer Harrod said...

This is a great idea and I may make it my own one day soon. I love color coding.
www.mun-emakingblogs.blogspot.com is having a link party come by and share.