Friday, February 17, 2012

Purple



I'm so happy my week of jury duty is over and I didn't end up having to go in. I was so stressed about this. My gluten-free diet seems to be working. I'm going to add some favorite gluten-free web sites to my side bar. I tried some flax bread that was gluten-free in the freezer section of my grocery store. It was kind of dry, but OK if I'm desperate for a piece of bread. It is gluten-free but not that low in carbs. I have some recipes for flax bread that I've been wanting to try when I get in the mood to cook.





I started another butler book "Why Shoot the Butler" by Georgette Heyer. It's a mystery. I've never read any of her books before, but have wanted to. So far I like it. My gd and I have been watching "Emma, A Victorian Romance". It is a Japanese anime story with subtitles in English. Anyway it is the story of a maid and an upper class young man that fall in love and are kept apart by his father. She gets a job in a manor house and so you get to see the life of the servants.




 Now I'm getting into Robin Hood and King Arthur. I just watched a BBC series of Robin Hood. It's a more youthful take on Robin Hood and I'm not sure I like it other than Richard Armetage of "North and South" is in it. I'm going to try the version with Mathew McFadden as the sheriff  (sorry if I'm spelling these names wrong. I'm too lazy to look them up) and Russell Crow plays Robin Hood.





It's been raining cats and dogs today, so I'm curling up with my book tonight. Have a great weekend. Linda 


4 comments:

FlowerLady Lorraine said...

I love your purple pieces, and your bird is a sweetie too.

Gluten free foods I've not tried. I look forward to seeing the websites or blogs you put up for us to visit.

Have a great weekend ~ FlowerLady

Nancy said...

Do you know that Bisquick now makes a Gluten free version? Can't remember if I mentioned this to you before. There are lots of reviews and recipes online.

Lady Linda said...

Linda you purple transfer ware is lovely! It's been cold and wet here too...feel very much like winter.
Linda

Unknown said...

Porch Days, I know our grocery store has a section of gluten-free items, but I also do a low carb diet for the diabetes so I stay away from grains for the most part.I know its confusing for people because when you think of gluten you think of bread and baking but there are other things that have gluten in them. Thanks for the info though. Linda