Sunday, April 15, 2012

The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis



I just finished this. It is a fantasy about heaven and hell. He stresses that he is not saying this is what they are like. It was pretty interesting. What I got out of it personally is not to hold on too tightly to the things I use as coping tools or the things I love. The people in the book either were angry or afraid of letting go in order to stay in the heavenly realm. Many of them went back to hell unhappy but not willing to listen and learn. I was thinking about the things I love in my life and if I had to give them up how hard it could be. I don't mean physical things, but things I like to do. I've decided I need to spend more time listening to God by just sitting quietly. It's back to making choices. I want to choose now to listen and learn while I still can.

Linda

No comments: