Monday, April 2, 2012

How It's Going and This Week



My experiment with dark leafy greens has gone pretty well. I can't say I love them, but I've found ways to eat them. My favorite is just chopping them up with garlic and scrambling eggs into them. I usually add some lingueca  also. It helps to cover up the bitter flavor, I think bacon would be good too. The pesto was really good to and it's raw so that is another bonus. I think I'm going to try a smoothie this week.

My healthy oil week also went well. I'm turning down the heat when I cook with olive oil which is usually my oil of choice. I would use coconut oil but with my tummy issues I have to be careful with coconut oil.
I haven't been able to add the fish oil yet, when I tried I had tummy reactions, but will try again later.

I was interested in some of the links to bath and body info. on macadamia nut oil and tried the one for nails. The skin around my nails is always dry at this time of year and the oil did help, but I think it's going to take more than once.

Another idea I saw someplace, sorry can't remember where was that coconut oil is good for thinning hair, so I tried putting some on and letting it set a while before I washed my hair. My hair is pretty soft so we will see is it gets thicker or not.





This week my focus is healthy drinks another of Health Green Kitchen's challenges. She is doing juicing this week but I don't think I'm ready to try that. What I am going to do is work on water again and I've been needing to drink less black tea and more green tea and herbal teas, so that is my focus this week. I also want to continue with the greens and healthy oils. I didn't do as much as I wanted to with avocado this week.

Linda

No comments: