Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Kale and Scrambles Variations




I've been making scrambles for breakfast with sauteed baby kale. This morning I chopped bacon and sauteed it then added my baby kale chopped and when it was nearly done I added a chopped scallion and then my lovely pastured eggs. These eggs are beautiful lovely huge yolks a bright gold almost orange. They turned out delicious so I was thinking about what else I could do with scrambles and kale and I thought red onion would be good and you could garnish is with lox and sour cream or cream cheese. I'd leave out the bacon of course and the red onion would need a bit more cooking than the scallion.


This is what I drank with my breakfast. I sweetened it my stevia and used coconut milk. Trader Joe's is now carrying fresh coconut milk right next to their almond milk. It's pretty good and less carbs.

Linda


1 comment:

Nancy said...

I'm impressed at how hard you are working at changing your diet. I hope it is working for you.