Saturday, April 28, 2012

Out Of The Silent Planet, C.S.Lewis

 



I wanted to read this for a long time and so I finally have read it and it was a lot of fun. I wasn't sure I understood what Lewis was trying to tell us other than people can be idiots, but we already knew that. So  I decided to do some research and found this and this and also this. I can't wait to read the next book in the series. I'm not really a fantasy lover, but my gd's have been introducing me to it and I'm learning to love it more every time I read some of it. I use to love the old Star Trek tv show, but never got into Star Wars.

Of course Lewis is not just telling us a story but he is sending us a message about cultures and mankind. He was writing from the perspective of his time and the coming war. We know so much more now about the universe, but he speaks a universal language that transcends time.  The theme of man's inhumanity towards others hasn't changed.  I love his writing but sometimes it takes a bit of thought to really get it.


Linda


No comments: