Saturday, April 7, 2012

Your's Jack



I'm still enjoying this book. I've renewed it from the library, I may have to buy this one. It is fascinating to me to read how he worked out the walking of his Christian life and wrote about it to his brother and friends. In a letter to his brother they were talking about how do you love your enemies and at the time they were thinking of people like Hitler. Through the process of noodling this in his mind he came down to the "love the sinner, hate the sin" but it was enlightening to me to read his thoughts on how you could do this. It reminded me that I need to pray for people more consistently friend or foe.

Linda

1 comment:

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

I hope you write more that you learn from this book. I like a lot of C.S. Lewis's writings. I read a quote of his recently about the 'laziness of grief' and realized that this man was familiar with so much at a personal level.. even grief.