Monday, May 14, 2012

Grain-free Lemon Poppyseed Muffins


Here is the link from "healthy home economist". This recipe only has 1/4 c. of coconut flour in it, but 4 eggs. The batter was really thin, I wondered if they would turn out. They did and the insides are nice and moist and soft.



The recipe makes 20 mini muffins. I used a regular size pan and got 8. I probably filled them a little too much. So I baked them for 15 mins. instead of the 10-12. The other changes I made were instead of 1/4 c. honey I used 1/2 coconut sugar, instead of coconut oil or butter I used avocado oil. I added the 3 tabs. of lemon juice and next time I would add zest too because the coconut sugar over shadows the lemon. Maybe I'll use stevia next time. I'm finding the coconut sugar has a pretty strong flavor very much like brown sugar. I like it but sometimes it doesn't work.

Linda


No comments: