Friday, May 11, 2012

Ground Lamb Kofto Kebabs



Here is the link for the kebabs. This is Aarti's recipe on Food Network. I had several recipes I was looking at but decided to try this one. I made her Raita with the exception of I can't use Greek yogurt and so I use the soy fake sour cream and I added some lemon juice. I did the kebabs the same except I didn't do the glaze and I was using an indoor electric grill.



I didn't make her potatoes because I can't eat them, so I grilled sliced Japanese eggplant and baby zucchini that I got at Trader Joe's. Everything was delicious. You could use beef for this recipe. One of the other recipes I looked at used the Moroccan spices in the meat, that would be good to. This one has herbs in the meat.

Linda

3 comments:

Nancy said...

You are really committed to this new way of eating. I hope it is working for you. I need to explore some vegan cookbooks because my husbands needs to limit meat, salt and a hundred other things. He has reduced kidney function, diabetes and gout. Not much is on his "allowed list." Seafood must be limited as well as cheese, mushrooms and asparagus. I'm cooking Pad Thai tonight - something new for us. I need to try out tofu.

Unknown said...

Porch Days, Well the truth is everything is doing well except my weight, so I'm going to change things up a bit. I think I've been baking a little too much. I'm upping my fiber and that should also help everything. Learning a new way of eating is a process, it takes time to find substitutes and get past the cravings.

HeidiInHolland said...

I saw this on her show here too. It all sounded so good. We often just do not eat both meat and potatoes together. I just made a stuffed zucchini for dinner last night and Jos says he never minds missing potatoes now. We are less full since I load up on the veggies.

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi