Saturday, May 12, 2012

Perelandra, C.S. Lewis



I finished this one, the second in his science fiction trilogy. As with the first one I looked on line for some enlightenment on exactly what it was all about. I got the Adam and Eve part but his twists on the story left me wondering what he was trying to tell us. Here is a good explanation from a religious point of view and here is the Wikipedia page. I think I could really read these several times, esp. this one to get everything out of it. Lewis's writing is difficult for me at times. So the last book takes place on earth, no more space travel. I'm kind of sad about that, because that was the part I liked the best. His imagination is very fascinating.

Linda

2 comments:

HeidiInHolland said...

CS Lewis is fascinating but I have never read his books. I am Anglican and he is, of course, always referred to since he is part of our church but I never felt pulled because of the science fiction aspect. Now I am thinking I need to try one of them since you are reading them and seem to like them. Have you ever read the books by Madeleine L'Engle?

Hugs from Holland ~
Heidi

Unknown said...

Heidi, I think I read something by Madeleine L'Engle years ago, but I don't really remember it. I'm not really into science fiction either, but these books have a moral value to them that most science fiction doesn't have. I decided to read them just because I got interested in him and am trying to read all of his books eventually. He has a point of view that I like. He is know for his apologetics is Mere Christianity.