Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Mediterranean Style Veggies



Last night I made these Mediterranean style veggies. I saw this article on Keeper of the Home about this cooking style. I love the flavors of Mediterranean foods. I had some left over canned fire roasted tomatoes in my frig. and some of those baby zucchini, to that I added some frozen thin green beans and artichoke hearts. I par boiled the artichokes but the rest cooked together with the tomatoes and onions. I also added 1 fresh plum tomato. It was delicious. I have always liked crookneck squash with tomatoes and onion. My mother use to make it and I guess it must have come from her Portuguese roots so when I saw this article I knew I had to try this. I served it with almond flour crusted sole, fried in olive oil.

Linda

4 comments:

A Woman that Fears the Lord said...

I visited the site and they have some great ideas. I've been praying for some ideas to make healthy veggies. Thanks so much!

Nancy said...

I love to read your recipes. Is this new way of eating making you feel better?

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

I looks delicious, what a wonderful combination! With garden produce right around the corner, I will be trying this one!

Hugs,
Barb

Unknown said...

Porch Days, Yes it is helping. I don't know if I'll ever be able to go back to eating glutin or dairy.