Friday, May 4, 2012

Unsweetened Vegan Coconut Milk Crockpot Yogurt



Link so I tried a new crockpot version and it was a lot easier than what I was doing. It still isn't thickening even with the agar agar flakes, maybe a tiny bit, but as I'm using it in smoothies it's ok. It did smell like yogurt so I guess it worked. I'd still like to get it thicker but I understand that it is a problem with coconut yogurt. I'll have to play around with thickeners. I like the fact that this recipe used a 1/2 gal. of the fresh coconut milk instead of the canned because you get a lot more and it is cheaper. I figure it cost about half the price of buying the yogurt.

Linda

1 comment:

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

I really like to make my own yogurt - this looks so good! Keep us up on the thickening process! I think it would be really good in a smoothie or frozen!

Hugs,
Barb