Thursday, May 24, 2012

Zone Cleaning ala FlyLady


I got some pillows for the bench, looks a lot better. Both porches are looking presentable now. I also straightened up the garage and swept the floor. I was going to move everything but I just didn't have the energy, maybe next time.

When I talked about my schedule one area I left out is those deep cleaning and annual jobs. Those are the ones I hate to do the most because they tend to be the most labor intensive. I've pretty much tackled every room now. I just finished my upstairs extra rooms, craft room, guest room and library. But I did more rearranging than cleaning. These room don't really get used much and so it's mostly dust. Someone mentioned FlyLady and I was thinking about her zone cleaning (deep cleaning) and I have never gotten that to work for me, but I'd like to give it another try. So I'm going to add that to my schedule. Doing it in little bits may make it easier for me to do it.

If there is anyone out there that doesn't know about FlyLady she has a yahoo group now and sends reminder to do chores. She also has a book out Sink Reflections by Marla Cilley. To do her zones you divide your home into 5 sections. I have to look at the book but I believe it's one section per week. The 1/2 week either at the beginning or end of the month is the fifth week. You only spend a small amount of time each time you clean in each section but the idea is that eventually you get it all done.

So I'll let you know how it's working for me.

Linda



2 comments:

Barb said...

Hi Linda!

Your porch is so pretty - I love the green cushions!

I need to start doing Fly Lady . . . again! It seems like since my husband is home all day, I get nothing done! I really liked her schedule, it kept me on track!

Have a great week-end!

Hugs,
Barb

Lady Linda said...

Miss Linda...you are one tidy lady! Everything looks so nice and fresh. Did you get lots of rain this week? We sure did...ugh ugh ugh.
Love,
Linda